We are Green and Help reduce, reuse and Recycle! Join IN!
Do you know we take these?
- Cleaning Supplies -- to give monthly to clients with housing
- Camping Equipment -- clients earn these with volunteer hours
- Working Tablets, cell phones and laptops -- clients earn with volunteer hours
- Belts -- make ill-fitting pants work
- Shoes -- they wear out in a month on the street
- Toiletries -- sample sized for backpacks; full-sized (partial OK) for clients with housing
- Undies -- all sizes/styles, clean and gently worn or new
- Pantry items, Food disposable serving items, kitchen items -- all covered on our food needs page
Wondering how much recycling matters to us?
University AreaSYMin Drop-in CenterLoading zone parkingM-F 12:30-3:30512 553 3796
We need name and email address with each drop-off. We provide email receipts.
Group Drives and Collections
Use our collection schedule in your groups! Recommended for speaking engagement and service project to maximize impact and fun!
Feb: Hats & Gloves
Apr: Dog Items
Jun: Flip flops, bug spray, sun screen
Jul: Water Bottles
Sep: Pants and shirts
Oct: First Aid and OTC
Nov: Blankets / Sleeping Bags
Dec: Books and Trinkets (Christmas party)
List of Items We Take
- Game prizes (sub-$5, new or used, white elephant type of thing!)
- Books (Bibles, mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers), activity books (trivia, coloring, puzzle, crossword)
- Art supplies (drawing pads, markers, clay, mechanical pencils, oil/chalk pastels)
- Music supplies ( guitars, cases, strings, picks, individual drums, tambourines)
- Cards (playing, UNO, role play games)
Hard to find Items
- Shoes: practical adult shoes, work/military boots
- Outdoor equipment: backpacks (any kind), tents
- Hygiene: deodorant, bug spray
- Clothes: overalls (any kind), athletic/sweat pants, adult jeans, men's and women's underwear (including bras), swimwear
- Batteries: AA and AAA batteries
- Dog food (in 3/4-filled gallon ziplock bags) and cat-food (dry or wet)
- Leashes, harnesses, and collars of all sizes
- Dog bowls (metal, plastic or collapsing)
Summer Clothes & Items
- Water bottles, bottled water, sports drinks
- Bug-spray, sunscreen
- Shorts, shirts/tops, flip-flops, hats, low-cut socks
Winter Clothes & Supplies
- Sleeping bags, blankets, long johns, thermals
- Hats, gloves, scarves, coats, jackets
- Long pants, long sleeves, sweaters
Hygiene, Health & First Aid Supplies
- First aid supplies (Band-Aids, tape, gauze, individual OTC pain killers), braces ( knee, hand, foot, back); vitamins, Emergen-C
- Toiletries (samples and small bottles: lotion, shampoo, conditioner), deodorant, razors (in Ziplock bags of 2), Q-tips (in Ziplock bags of 10)
Not Sure We Need It?
Text or Call
Use our new AI Bot 24-hours to leave a message and we'll get back ASAP!