We are Green and Help reduce, reuse and Recycle! Join IN!
Do you know we take these?
- Cleaning Supplies -- to give monthly to clients with housing
- Camping Equipment -- clients earn these with volunteer hours
- Working Tablets, cell phones and laptops -- clients earn with volunteer hours
- Belts -- make ill-fitting pants work
- Shoes -- they wear out in a month on the street
- Toiletries -- sample sized for backpacks; full-sized (partial OK) for clients with housing
- Undies -- all sizes/styles, clean and gently worn or new
- Pantry items, Food disposable serving items, kitchen items -- all covered on our food needs page
Wondering how much recycling matters to us?
Two Drop-off Options:
University AreaSYMin Drop-in CenterLoading zone parkingT-F 11-5, T/Th 5-8, Sa 8-10512 553 3796
Northwest AustinCovenant Presbyterian Church office building entryway3003 Northland Drive (office hours, closed Fri pm, open Sun am)512 554 5231
We need name and email address with each drop-off. We provide email receipts.
Group Drives and Collections
Use our collection schedule in your groups! Recommended for speaking engagement and service project to maximize impact and fun!
Feb: Hats & Gloves
Apr: Dog Items
Jun: Flip flops, bug spray, sun screen
Jul: Water Bottles
Sep: Pants and shirts
Oct: First Aid and OTC
Nov: Blankets / Sleeping Bags
Dec: Books and Trinkets (Christmas party)
List of Items We Take
- Game prizes (sub-$5, new or used, white elephant type of thing!)
- Books (Bibles, mysteries, sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers), activity books (trivia, coloring, puzzle, crossword)
- Art supplies (drawing pads, markers, clay, mechanical pencils, oil/chalk pastels)
- Music supplies ( guitars, cases, strings, picks, individual drums, tambourines)
- Cards (playing, UNO, role play games)
Hard to find Items
- Shoes: practical adult shoes, work/military boots
- Outdoor equipment: backpacks (any kind), tents
- Hygiene: deodorant, bug spray
- Clothes: overalls (any kind), athletic/sweat pants, adult jeans, men's and women's underwear (including bras), swimwear
- Batteries: AA and AAA batteries
- Dog food (in 3/4-filled gallon ziplock bags) and cat-food (dry or wet)
- Leashes, harnesses, and collars of all sizes
- Dog bowls (metal, plastic or collapsing)
Summer Clothes & Items
- Water bottles, bottled water, sports drinks
- Bug-spray, sunscreen
- Shorts, shirts/tops, flip-flops, hats, low-cut socks
Winter Clothes & Supplies
- Sleeping bags, blankets, long johns, thermals
- Hats, gloves, scarves, coats, jackets
- Long pants, long sleeves, sweaters
Hygiene, Health & First Aid Supplies
- First aid supplies (Band-Aids, tape, gauze, individual OTC pain killers), braces ( knee, hand, foot, back); vitamins, Emergen-C
- Toiletries (samples and small bottles: lotion, shampoo, conditioner), deodorant, razors (in Ziplock bags of 2), Q-tips (in Ziplock bags of 10)
Not Sure We Need It?
Text or Call
Use our new AI Bot 24-hours to leave a message and we'll get back ASAP!