SYM in San Marcos!
SYM does outreach every Friday in San Marcos. We started in March 2019!
San Marcos volunteers can drop by needed materials at 4:30pm in the parking lot next to Southside Community Center at our truck. Look for the silver pickup with SYM magnets on it. We require the practice of social distance and wearing masks. Southside is located at 518 S Guadalupe St, San Marcos, TX 78666.
- We've noticed that our clients tend to really enjoy Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches since they tend to keep well... our San Marcos Intern happens to be a big fan of sandwiches as well
- Cold drinks (soda, tea, water)
- Practical shoes of all sizes
- General toiletries (shaving razors, soap, small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc)
- New are lightly worn undergarments (boxers, undies) and socks are luxury items
- As we prepare for the winter (never too early), we'll also accept coats
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets for clients to use
- We're currently praying and looking for new church partners and local businesses to help with outreach in the city of San Marcos in hopes to expand outreach to being on additional days of the week for the clients
- We're also very actively looking for a place to hold much-needed items that clients would be able to pick up to use either daily or once or twice a week
- Our biggest goal is finding you! 🙂 Though our specific target age group are those 28 and under, we're hoping for the city to come and unite together to help end homelessness as well as aide the street-dependent youth and those currently experiencing homelessness